onsdag den 9. april 2014

Alcatraz

Day 3 - Sunday
Hi!
Today I choose to have long pants on, but that was a little mistake because most of the time it was pretty hot. But I am glad I had them on anyway. 
To get to the harbour where the boat towards Alcatraz is/was, we walked up and down the really steel roads. It is so weird that the roads are so steel! In Denmark you don't have anything like that! I should not at those streets if thèrese is snow or anything. 
It only took around a quarter to get to Alcatraz island with the boat, and the sun was shining, so the bay and the city looked so beautiful! 
At Alcatraz we joined a huge group of turists with a guide, and he was telling about the history of the island. When he finished the tour we went to the building which served as the prisoner building. We all got a pair of headphones, because it is your 'guide' at the audio tour. You walk through the buildings while a voice tell you the story of the prison and about some of the inmates. They told personal stories too. It was really interesting to listen to! One of the things I learned on the Tour was that Alcatraz was not only a prison to the inmates, but in fact it was a home for all of the kids and wives of the officers. 
To get back to Union Square we took the Cable Car, which was really funny to try. I went to some shops with Anna, Cecilie and Emilie. For instance we went to the Converse-shop, and I bought a pair.   We went to Walgreens as well, and the woman behind the desk was named Camilla (as me) and she is from Denmark as well. What is the odds for that? 
Between Denmark and America there is a huge difference between how you are treated a custumer. In America everybody is so sweet and friendly against everybody. In Denmark it is not the same. Here they make you feel comfortable. I am so happy to be here in America and be able to practice my English all the time!
All 19 students, Linda and Søren (the two teachers) ate dinner at 'The Cheesecake Factory'. I feared that the prices would be a bit expensive, but luciky they were not. The food was soo good, and the size of each plate was gigantic! The waitors were really nice too!
Another fantastic day in San Francisco has come to an end with great weather. I am looking so much forward to Muir Woods and to meet the American host family tomorrow!
By for now!

Ingen kommentarer:

Send en kommentar